My notes on why we should write unit tests
10 Reasons to Write Unit Tests
- 🐞 Tests Reduce Bugs in New Features.
- 🐛 Tests Reduce Bugs in Existing Features.
- 📚 Tests Are Good Documentation. A concise code example is better than many paragraphs of documentation.
- 💰 Tests Reduce the Cost of Change.
- 🎨 Tests Improve Design.
- 🔧 Tests Allow Refactoring.
- 🗜 Tests Constrain Features.
- 🛡 Tests Defend Against Other Programmers.
- 🐌 Testing Forces You to Slow Down and Think.
- 🧘 Tests Reduce Fear One of the biggest fears that programmers encounter is making a change to a piece of code and not knowing what is going to break.