My notes on doing 24-hour lightning sprints
Sit down and thinking individually about problems that interest you. 1h
Pick the problems you like
Write a sentence or two about the problem. Make around 10 problem statements
Finding blockers fast
- I think in any innovation there is blockers. I think the important part is to as early as possible figure out the severity of how serious they are.
- Some blockers are overcommable others are blockers that leave your product dead in the water.
- In 24 hours you don’t get to explore all blockers, you have to use guesstimation and ignore some of them a bit or else you get no where. I guess that’s why 24 sprints are great. At leat you didn’t waste more than 24h
Things to think about in your pitch deck:
- Cost benefit suggest great use of time
- Great applications are easy to read and understand the key points
- Weak applications obfuscate everything, what the idea is, who is working on it, how it works, what the state of company
- Clarity of thought
- who is building it?