My notes on how to make a Pull request’s on github
Github fork pull-request:
This type of pull-request is more common when you contribute to repos that you are not already a collaborator of.
- Find repo you want to make a PR for.
- Click the fork button.
- Pick where you want to fork. your personal account or org account etc.
- Edit your fork.
- Hit the
New Pull Requestbutton on the front of the fork
- Go through the PR wizard.
Github branch pull-request
This type of pull-request is more common when you are the author or a team-member of the repo in question.
- Clone the repo you want to make a PR for Github desktop or Terminal)
- Make your file changes that you want to include in the PR
- Create a new branch Github desktop or Terminal) name it
- Commit your file changes.
- Publish and push commit to origin Github desktop or Terminal)
- In the repo main page on github you will now find a button that says make pull-request
- Click Make PR, Click Squash PR, if you want simple GIT history. Add a reviewer and your ✅.